My Top Fantasy books

Fantasy books are books set in a different universe with different creatures, and honestly, fantasy is my favourite genre after YA. Fantasy books are so fun to read, and it feels so good to get lost in a universe where you don't have to deal with humane problems. Here are my top Fantasy books:

The Folk of the Air, Holly Black

“I have lied, and I have betrayed, and I have triumphed. If only there was someone to congratulate me.”
 - Jude Duarte, The Cruel Prince



The Cruel Prince is one of my absolute favourites. Jude Duarte is one of the best female leads I've ever read about. She is a strong female lead, and she doesn't make really cringy bad decisions. I always like to read a book with strong female leads, but in most books, they just make the female smart not strong. So I personally liked it when I read about Jude. 

My words fall short of describing Cardan Greenbriar. I am still shocked he's the High King of Elfhame. Well, it was because of Jude that he became the King but even then. He is cruel and sadistic, but that's expected after how Balekin and Lady Asha treated him. But at the same time, he is so sweet and hilarious. 

The plot of this book stood up to the name of it with so much betrayal going on. I mean there wasn't one person in that book who didn't betray anyone. I mean some of them were shocking, like when Cardan exiled Jude. And to think they get married. One thing that I particularly liked about this book was that none of the characters were good. Like all of them had some kind of malicious intent. Even Jude was terrible.

The Lord of The Rings, JRR Tolkien

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
- Bilbo Baggins, Fellowship of the Ring



The Lord of the Rings is the literal definition of Fantasy. All the movies in the movie series adaptations of this book have won an Oscar. Just imagine how good the books will be if the movies were that good. You can even read the Hobbit after finishing the series and continue some of the fun of this book. Although Hobbit was published before The Lord of The Rings, most people discover that later after completing the whole series.

There are Rings of Power that were constructed and then there was one ring made by Dark Lord Sauron so he could control the complete middle-earth. The Hobbits and Elves were against him and then Bilbo Baggins came by the ring fell in his hands.

Then the quest is undertaken by Frodo along with a group called Fellowship of the Ring which consists Gandalf the Wizard; the hobbits Merry, Pippin, and Sam; Gimli the Dwarf; Legolas the Elf; Boromir of Gondor; and a tall, mysterious stranger called Strider. 

Harry Potter, JK Rowling

“Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.”
- Hermoine Granger



How can I say fantasy and not include Harry Potter? I still remember reading it and watching all the movies. I watched Harry Potter re-runs last month, and I realised I am still in love with this series as much as I was when I first read them. Harry Potter books are simply excellent. My personal favourites are the Order of Pheonix and Prisoner of Azkaban.  

Harry is a young boy who lives with Dursley's on the number 4 privet drive, but he finds out he's a wizard and then goes to the magic school that is Hogwarts. He makes friends with the weasely's and Hermoine Granger. He's sorted into Gryffindor and well from their his journey starts. 

He's a unique wizard with a lightning bolt mark given to him when You-Know-Who tried to kill him, but his mother saved him. So well he was in constant trouble as He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named tried to keep killing him.

Percy Jackson and The Olympians, Rick Riordan

"With great power,…comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later."
- Nico Di Angelo

Most people have at least 1 Percy Jackson book they read when they were 12. Percy Jackson series is the book that actually got me in reading. I think I can recite the prophecies word to word still.

Percy Jackson is 12 years old in the first book, The Lightning thief, then he ages accordingly. He's sassy and funny and son of Poseidon. He goes to a camp Half-blood where all the demi-gods go but after his mom gets kidnapped by Hades. Grover, and Annabeth, tag-along Percy in every adventure. 

He discovered he's a demigod and his teacher is a centaur, and his best friend is a Satyr, and after that, his life changed. And well the fact that Zeus and Hades thinks he's the lightning thief and sent creatures to attack him.

It's a pretty fun read and once you finish the series and get to The Heroes of The Olympus the fun increases as great new characters like Lea Valdez come along. Then we have Trial of Apollo following and the many standalone.  

The Infernal Devices, Cassandra Clare

"One must always be careful of books, and what´s inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
- Tessa Gray, Clockwork Angel


The Infernal Devices, 2nd series in the Shadowhunters Chronicle is as, all shadowhunter pieces are, a masterpiece. How can I not count my favourite books of all time here? Set in Victorian London, the story revolves around Tessa who came to London for her brother, but she gets in trouble. Then Will Herondale sweeps in, and she is introduced to the world of shadowhunters.
Tessa had powers, she was a half-warlock and half-shadowhunter, But she wasn't that brave or courageous, but I guess that's because of it being set in like the 1850s. Will Herondale is a Herondale so you can expect him to have the usual traits like charming, hilarious and the best fighter of their age. Will lived his life thinking he had a curse and his life was horrible. He left his parents for it and well the only person he had was Jem. Yet he still joked around with Jessamine and Gabriel.

I loved the plot, especially when so many things co-related to The Mortal Instruments. Like I read The Infernal Devices before reading The Mortal Instruments II, and I had some moment of surprises throughout the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

This Time It's Real by Ann Liang | Review