Doc W. and The Cursed Undersea | Review


Title - Doc W. and the Cursed Undersea

Author - Lou Rusty

Genre(s)  -  YA Fantasy

Overall Ratings - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

|Goodreads| |Amazon|

✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

SYNOPSIS

One world, divided.
Two worlds destined for disaster.

An enslaved orphan might hold the key to saving two worlds from unspeakable evil…

Doc, an orphan child, has been enslaved to work in the mines. On his twelfth birthday, a book from a local Witch Doctor changes his life forever. Inside, Doc reads of strange creatures that live hidden beneath the Asperatus Cloud.

Curious and desperate to learn more, Doc digs deeper.

What he uncovers will change everything. Thrust into a new world, Doc must learn the ways of the Witch Doctor before it's too late. But this new world contains secrets about Doc. Mysterious secrets that'll alter the course of his life

✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

MY REVIEW

Firstly, I want to thank the author for providing me with an e-copy of the book. The entire review is spoiler-free. 

I always love to come back to teen or YA fantasy after reading high fantasy or romance books just because it's so refreshing. It's like I am 3 years back reading Artemis Fowl and Percy Jackson.

Doc is an orphan kid who becomes friends with this witch doctor after he helps him pick up some supplies that fell. Doc receives a book from the Witch Doctor, who introduces him to the magical world of Asperatus Cloud. From here on, Doc begins his journey to this magical world where he discovers more about himself, his parents, and his origins. 

Something I loved about this book particularly was the world-building with Asperatus Cloud. It was such a different world yet gave me such a nostalgic feeling for what I used to read a few years back. The magical elements and imagination that went into this book are just fantastic, in my opinion. 

In addition to the world-building, the character-building was fantastic. Doc, himself goes through a lot of character development throughout the book, and he also meets a lot of interesting characters on his journey. These characters add to Doc's character development, but also their own personality was so exciting and unique. I loved breaking and analyzing each character in this book, from the mystical creatures to the mad professors. I know a lot of people don't do that, but with this book, I loved to do it.

I gave this book 4 stars and not 5 because I just did not feel the 5 stars. It doesn't have anything I hate in particular, but It lacks that element that makes me fangirl or gives a book 5 stars. I definitely recommend this book to teens, reading the same genre of fantasy.

✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

Comments

  1. gonna read this book it sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeas! It's the perfect book for you. It's sort of middle grade you'll love it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

This Time It's Real by Ann Liang | Review