This Time It's Real by Ann Liang | Review

This Time It's Real by Ann Liang | Goodreads


AUTHOR - Ann Liang

RATING - ★★★★★

TROPES 

  • Fake Dating
  • Celebrity MMC
  • YA Romance
  • Set in Beijing 
SYNOPSIS
When seventeen-year-old Eliza Lin’s essay about meeting the love of her life unexpectedly goes viral, her entire life changes overnight. Now she has the approval of her classmates at her new international school in Beijing, a career-launching internship opportunity at her favourite magazine…and a massive secret to keep.

Eliza made her essay up. She’s never been in a relationship before, let alone in love. All good writing is lying, right?

Desperate to hide the truth, Eliza strikes a deal with the famous actor in her class, the charming but aloof Caz Song. She’ll help him write his college applications if he poses as her boyfriend. Caz is a dream boyfriend -- he passes handwritten notes to her in class, makes her little sister laugh, and takes her out on motorcycle rides to the best snack stalls around the city.

But when her relationship with Caz starts feeling a little too convincing, all of Eliza’s carefully laid plans are threatened. Can she still follow her dreams if it means breaking her own heart?

Get ready to fall in love in this hilarious rom-com about a girl who begins a fake relationship with the famous actor in her class; perfect for fans of Meg Cabot and Jenny Han.

MY REVIEW

I loved reading If You Could See The Sun, and when I saw this book, I thought, of course, I have to read this too. And well, it was a decision well made because OMG, I LOVE THIS BOOK. 

Both the characters were so adorable I just couldn’t. I loved the ending too. It was making me nervous to see how people would react to the news and stuff. I was just anticipating for it to hit me, and before it could, the book ended, and I was there like, OMG?! It didn’t hurt me???!

Some of the scenes in this book just hit me differently like when she takes care of him when he’s sick>>>> and When she asks him to trust her even if he can’t trust anyone else >>>>>> and When they finally kiss>>> 

Everything about this book was just amazing. 

I loved how it depicted friendships because what happened to Eliza and her fear of losing a friend to distance is common but not pay much attention to fear. I felt like everyone, in one way or another, could relate to Eliza. Her fears were so real and relatable even though the book wasn't (chronically single me can never relate to romances :| )

Caz is so cute!!!! The way he treats Eliza’s sister is just amazing. And those motorbike scenes. When you can feel the agony he’s going through to control himself around Eliza ( I don’t think it’s mentioned specifically in the book, but hey I’m a reader, and the best thing about it is I can interpret the words however I like!)

I just loved the chemistry between the two characters (even though I’m sure they didn’t get put in a dark closet together and had to make out for 15 mins to have this chemistry, lol ) (yes, this is a book reference, go read it if you wanna get this)

Ann Liang has just made a space for herself in my auto-buy authors!!! I 100% want everyone to read it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

My Favorite LGBTQ+ Books 🏳️‍🌈🏳‍🌈

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review