Book Universes that feel like home

I’ve read so many books, and some of the books have become my home. Reading those books makes me feel like I’m returning back home. I have re-read these books so many times that I can recite paragraphs of the book word-to-word. Here are some book universes that have become a home for me, and I would do anything to get an opportunity to visit these universes. The word Hiraeth perfectly describes my feeling when I talk about Velaris or Hogwarts.

1. Grishaverse (Leigh Bardugo) 


"When everyone knows you are a monster, you needn't spend time doing every monstrous thing."
If I could be a part of the Grishaverse in any form, I would die. I will sell my soul to be part of the Crows especially. I did not like the Shadow and Bone series too much, but Six of Crows and King of Scars duology have me by my heart. I absolutely loved it! I love criminal books, and I love heists, even more, making me love the Six of Crows even more. I've read around 3-4 books about a heist, and I honestly cannot get enough of this book. The only problem I had with this book was that it wasn't a series with 6-7 books and was a duology. King of Scars and Rule of Wolf were so good, too, so I can't wait to get more Grishaverse content.

The TV show is out, and I have watched the entire show in a single day. The entire show is just amazing, and the plot is quite changed, but still, it is one of the best shows I have watched. The casting was done beautifully, and I just love the diversity of the book. I can't write much without spoiling, but I reviewed Six of Crows and Shadow and Bone so you can check those out.
 

2. Shadowhunter Universe (Cassandra Clare)

"To love is to destroy, and to be the one loved is to be the one destroyed."

When I say, Shadowhunter universe is my home, I mean it! With the release of The Chain of Iron on 2nd March, I cannot be more excited. I have been into shadowhunter chronicles for about 3-4 years now, and I have read the Mortal Instruments about 7-8 times. This series is my feel-good series. If I could, I would just reside in Idris for my entire life or any Institute, but I can't. 

Mortal Instruments follow a clueless girl that she is a shadowhunter but later on discovers her power. I am not much into the whole power-discovering trope, but this was one of the first books I had read after Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, and I didn't feel anything towards this trope. The Mortal Instruments is divided into 2 trilogies. One from City of Bones to City of Glass and second from City of Fallen Angels to City of Heavenly Fire. The second half started with COFA and was a lot boring compared to the previous release of the City of Glass, but most of the time, while I'm re-reading, just skip it. As much as I love TMI, I love The Infernal Devices even more, which is a trilogy. 

There is a movie on City of Bones (which plot-wise I liked better than the show) and a TV show (which cast-wise I liked better). I might revisit this universe if I feel good.

3. Camp Jupiter/Half-blood (Rick Riordan)

“Being a hero doesn’t mean you’re invincible. It just means that you’re brave enough to stand up and do what’s needed.”

Most people have at least 1 Percy Jackson book they read when they were 12. Percy Jackson series is the book that actually got me in reading. I think I can recite the prophecies word to word still. As awesome as I found the Percy Jackson series, I loved The Heroes of Olympus series even more! I have read Heroes of Olympus 2-3 times, and I never get bored. 

The book is a spin-off of the Percy Jackson series but introduces many new characters, including one of my favorites Leo Valdez. I love Jason, Piper, Hazel, and Frank! They are all demigods, too but from Roman gods, while Percy and Annabeth are from Greek gods. One of my favorite books in the series is House of Hades, which has many incredible scenes. 

You should definitely read Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus and the last series in the Percy Jackson world, Trials of Apollo. It has many cliffhangers, and as much as I hated the cliffhangers, I loved the series.

4. Elfhame (Holly Black)



 "Instead of being afraid, I can become something to fear."

The Folk of The Air is one of my absolute favorites. I mean, it has every element that I love! Fictional Universe, an Enemies to Lovers arc, a strong female lead, dark-haired guy with a tragic past and major plot-twists and cliff. I mean, this is one of the best series I have read. 

Jude Duarte is one of the best female leads I've ever read about. She is a strong female lead, and she doesn't make really cringy bad decisions. I always like to read a book with strong female leads, but in most books, they just make the female smart, not strong. So I personally liked it when I read about Jude. 

The plot of this book stood up to the name of it with so much betrayal going on. I mean, there wasn't one person in that book who didn't betray anyone. I mean, some of them were shocking, like when Cardan exiled Jude. (and to think they get married). One thing that I particularly liked about this book was that none of the characters were good. Like all of them had some kind of malicious intent. Even Jude was terrible. The Folk of The Air is definitely one of the best Enemies to Lovers books I've read as well, and anybody who loves Enemies to Lovers should read this. 

5.  Prythian - Velaris ( Sarah J Maas)

"To The Stars who listen and to the Dreams that are Answered."

I have only finished this series at the starting of March, and I have already read A Court of Mist and Fury 5 times.  I fell in love with ACOMAF the first time I read it since it had all my favorite trope altogether. Enemies to Lovers, Slow-burn, Soulmate concept, and one of my absolute favorites - "There's an only one-bed trope." 

My room has Blue Fairy Lights, and I always read ACOMAF under those lights, and It reminds me so much of Velaris. I fell in love with Velaris at first read.

One of the things I loved about this book is how SJM incorporates both the Soulmate concept and the slow-burn concept together because usually, the books with the Soulmate concept have like love at first sight, and we don't get to feel the tension and the angst. The way everything takes an entire 180-degree turn in ACOMAF after ACOTAR, like whatever you expected to happen after ACOTAR, it totally disappears. Not to give spoilers, but Chapter 76 of any book in this series will leave you devastated. I have been literally obsessing over ACOTAR for the past month to the point where I  realize I have a scented candle that smells like Rhys and Azriel while doing Math (Maybe the reason I didn't score well in Math this time as well.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

This Time It's Real by Ann Liang | Review