My December To Be Read

December is already here, and before we know, it'll be 2021. So I am gonna count my 2020 December TBR. I'll probably read more than these, but these are the ones I must-read. 

How The High King of Elfhame learned to hate stories, Holly Black

It's been around 2 weeks since its release, and I haven't read it yet. I don't know how I waited this long, but I don't want to read it in Ebook version because the illustrations in this book are so beautiful, but I don't have the rest of The Folk of the Air series as books, and if I buy only this book, it'll look weird to me. I started reading the Ebook version of this, and I had to stop because there is Cardan's picture at the start and the map of Elfhame. There are also illustrations before every chapter, and I want to own them.

Also, the name of the first chapter is The High King of Elfhame Visits The Mortal World, and well, every fan of the series knows how much we are excited to read that.  The name of the last chapter is The King of Elfhame get's what he deserves, and I'm kinda worried because It's Cardan getting what he deserves, so I am not quite sure if Holly is going to kill him or not. 
 
Well, even without the illustrations, this book gives us an insight into Cardan's life and well how he was as a kid and before he was The Cruel Prince or The Wicked King, and I cannot have been more excited when I heard about it. I still can't believe I've waited 2 weeks now. The book is a short novella taking place in some different periods and in the Folk of the Air universe. It's mainly about Cardan Greenbriar, who is now the High King of Elfahme, after events occurring in the 3 books in the whole series. 

Six of Crows, Leigh Bardugo

I haven't read this book, and I know that it's a fantastic duology, and I have wanted to read it since January, and here I was in December 2020, and I haven't read it still. I haven't even brought this book yet, either like Ebook or Book. Every time I want to buy this book Cassandra Clare releases a new book, and I have to buy that book. But I'm trying my best to get into it as fast as I can, but I just can't seem to get into it.

The main character is Kaz Brekker, who is a criminal prodigy. He plans to do a deadly heist that can make him super-rich. But he can't make it alone, so he gathers a crew of 5 people who would pull off the heist with him. A convict with a thirst for revenge, A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager, A runaway with a privileged past, A spy known as the Wraith, A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums, and A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. 

I love criminal books, and I haven't read this book, but it gives me the Ocean's 13 vibes, and I am absolutely in for it. I wish I could get into this book sooner, but I heard a Netflix series was being made about the book. I want to finish this duology and the Grisha Trilogy before Netflix decided to completely change the whole plot of the book for the show and ruin it for me.

Dash and Lily series, Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

I watched this series with a friend on Netflix, and I absolutely loved it. I finished the whole series in like 4-5 hours. This book is a bit different, and it might be for a bit younger age group, but I don't care. I loved the show way too much, and I'm gonna read it. It was a Netflix adaptation, so I am not sure how many significant changes there will be in the actual book, but let's see.

The series had 3 books -  Dash and Lily's book of dares, 12 days of Dash and Lily, and Mind the Gap Dash and Lily. All throughout the series, we see Dash and Lily's relationship grow after they meet as strangers when Dash finds Lily's book of dares that she created for Christmas. 

Dash and Lily are on my reading list for December, and I was hoping I could read it around Christmas, but I think school is going to ruin that plan for me. Still, I'm planning to finish this book before the clock strikes 2021. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

This Time It's Real by Ann Liang | Review