Famous books I DNF'ed

We all have those famous books which everyone encourages or forces us to read and after completing like 5 chapters of that book you go, "I'll read it later" and then 5 years later that book is still untouched, and you have forgotten about it. This is my Did Not Finish pile of books. I am not saying these books are wrong, I am just saying I cannot finish them. Most of the books on my list will be of Drama. I can stand drama to a specific limit in a book, but if the book has way too much drama, then it's probably gonna end up in my DNF list.

After, Anna Todd



This book was one of the worst books I've read. So I first watched the movie because I did not know this was a book. Once I realised that the film was based on a book, I decided to give it a try. The first book was fine, but as soon as I reached the end of the second book, I was literally confused out of my mind. This is actually the book which made me hate drama. I could tolerate drama, but after reading this book, all my tolerance for drama went directly out of the window.

The first book has a storyline, but the second and the third book do not have much plot. The drama between and with both of the leads' parents was also one of the reasons I hate this book. I feel most of the problems are forced. I actually read the Wattpad version, and as one of the biggest Harry Styles fan I was extra excited to read this. But as soon as I read the end, I  was like, "I spent my nights reading this." And for the first time, I was glad that the movie cropped a lot of plot. I mean maybe the actual published books were different. But overall this book just had way too much drama for my liking.

Twilight, Stephenie Meyers

I should have listened when people warned me not to read this one. I haven't watched the movies and given how my experience was with the books I do not plan on seeing them. I mean way too much drama. Every vampire book I've read is the same. There are vampire plots that can be made and be famous, which are not a copy of Twilight or TVD. 

I cringed almost everywhere on the first book. I personally like strong female leads, but I necessarily don't have a problem with weak ones either. But Bella was just a cringy female lead. I think some of my friends said it gets better later on, but I don't have the patience. The whole concept of Vampire 'sparkling; in sunlight was so cringe-worthy. The only thing I found pleasing about this book was it's aesthetic and the weather it was set in. Overall I stand with those who said this was a waste of time. 

The 5th Wave, Rick Yancey



The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey wasn't that bad, but it was quite dull. I mean you take a few things from a bunch of movies and books and put it all together. There wasn't any different plot, and it lacked that 'Wow' factor that a reader needs. The writing looked forced, when I say forced I mean to say that the smooth flow a book a has wasn't there. 

I had seen most of the things happening in that book already in some other book or movie. An alien ship enters earth which leads to five waves of attacks like high magnitude earthquakes, tsunami, and a virus that kills half of the population. Now that I think about it, this book looks like the year 2020, except the part where alien invades the human brain and then try to wipe out the entire human race. There's also the fact where the main character female is just a copy of Katniss, from Hunger Games. There isn't any particular reason why I DNF'ed this book, but I've read and seen this plot a lot like in The Bird Box and 2012. 

The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho

I don't understand the point of this book.  This book is based on some philosophical logic that is supposed to teach children something. I read the book till the end and didn't DNF it. This book is way too much hyped than it should be. It doesn't meet the expectations, and Coelho's writing style is beyond my understanding. The book was written like a kid's book but had a meaning even I don't understand.

 But I don't get a single thing from this book. I know this was meant to teach me something, but I have no clue what. A boy roams in the dessert because he had a dream. People who get this book have my respect. One thing that I also find cringe-worthy in this book is the use of the term 'boy'. The boy has a name and a pronoun! I thought this book was supposed to be uplifting and motivating, but all I got from this book was irritation. 

William Shakespeare

I know William Shakespeare is not a book but an author, but I cannot complete any of his books. I've read Charles Dickins, The Bronte sisters, O'Henry and many more old classic authors. Still, I cannot read Shakespeare. 2 reasons why I avoid Shakespeare is because I need time to interpret the old English and because they have a lot of drama. Shakespeare is a legendary author, but I can't read him.

I tried to read Merchant of Venice, but I left it in the middle. Then I gave a try to Julius Ceaser, and I surprisingly neared the end, but then again, I had to force myself to finish that book. And I did not even think to give Romeo and Juliet a try because well I think that book has a way overly dramatic plot, no offence to anyone who likes this book. The only thing I finished of Shakespeare was As You Like It and that was because it was in my sixth grade's English text and I had to read it. It was also edited heavily so a sixth-grader could understand it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

Top 10 YA Standalone