Crush (Crave 2) Review (Soilers!!!)

 I just finished reading this book, and by the angel, it's one of the books I can not describe in a single word. I don't know how to feel about this book; there are some aspects of this book that I don't like, some elements that I love and some that I absolutely hate. Most reviews that I read about this book says it's better than Crave, and to be completely honest, that's not the scenario for me. Plus, the cliffhanger she ended the book with will definitely mess up my head while I'm giving my mid-terms.

In the last book, Crave, we see that Hudson is the villain. But even a villain has a story. And we get to know some part of it. But let's start at the beginning. 

So the last book left us at the cliffhanger where Hudson is attacking Jason when Grace comes in between them and then turns to stone. Now in Crush, Grace is back, but the problem she doesn't remember anything that happened in the last 4 months that she's been a stone statue. And Hudson is nowhere to be found. Grace is also having random blackouts, and she doesn't remember what she does during that time. The first time she nearly killed Cole ( she should have entirely killed that piece of garbage), and the next time, she wakes up in the witch tower in a big pentagram-circle magic thing. Then they go to the bloodletter who was introduced to us in the last book. Not getting in much detail, she lets Grace hear and see Hudson in her mind. Hudson helps Grace channel her power as a gargoyle.

Throughout the book, you can see how close Grace and Hudson grow. This is not a part I am fond of since we can see many Hudson and not so much of Jaxon, and anyone can see The Vampire Diaries thing happening. I mean, I was so glad last year that I found a Vampire book which is not a copy of Twilight, only to see it to be a copy of The Vampire Diaries. And my doubts were confirmed when Cole used the spell ( Jaxon had in the last book when he tries to "protect" her) to break the mate bond between Jaxon and Grace. And the last line of the text, Hudson calls Grace his mate. We all know in the two other books that Hudson is Damon, and Jaxon is Stephan. This is the part I hate the most. Like I can deal with the psychotic parents trying to kill Grace but 2 brothers for the same girl. AGAIN? I can't. This element of the book killed all my fun of the book. I loved Crave so much, and one of the factors was the relationship Jaxon and Grace had. And the Aurora Borealis thing (It's hard not to be impressed by that). But now all of that for nothing, because she's probably gonna end up with Hudson, who, to be honest, isn't one of my favourite characters. Also, a reason why I didn't like this part was that just a few weeks back, I stumbled upon a book on Wattpad which had the same thing of two werewolf brothers and how the little brother had the mate and then found out that she is also the elders and she chose the elder one. I mean, no offence to anyone but, I might prefer reading Twilight over the 2 brothers and 1 girl thing again.

Moving on, we see that Jaxon has psycho parents. I mean, his father killed Grace with his bite. But Hudson brought her back. I also didn't like the fact how quickly Grace forgave Finn for trying to kill her.  Also, the author didn't explain why and how Lia isn't Hudson's mate.

The rest of the things were okay, including the fighting scenes and fighting the "monster", only to find that he was also a gargoyle. I mean, can it be more cliche? 

Some things were great in this book, like the fights and all. I'm also not totally opposed to Hudson being good. But the author did a great job in showing Hudson as a villain in the last book. So when we got Hudson's part, it was kind of nice.

So, overall my review for this book isn't great. But if you like the TVD element, you will love it. Maybe I had very high expectations from this book because Crave was excellent, but I don't know this book wasn't great, and after reading like half of the book, I had to DNF it and then read it like 2 weeks later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

This Time It's Real by Ann Liang | Review