5 Book to Movie adaptations that were just not it

Who doesn't love to binge-watch Harry Potter movies? These movies are so fun to watch. The movie adaptations of books like Shawshank Redemption and The Godfather were such big hits and one of the best movies. But unfortunately, not all book to movie adaptations are great. Have you ever seen Percy Jackson movies? If yes, then you know what I am talking about. 

Here's a list of 10 books to movie adaptations that are just not 'it.'

Giver, Lois Lowery



You would expect a great movie when it comes to actors like Meryll Streep and Katie Holmes starring in this movie along with a Taylor Swift cameo. But this movie was quite different than books and definitely not better than books. The movie all together wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same level as the books. The movies weren't able to capture the books' emotional depth, which led to a big 'Nah' from me.

The DaVinci Code, Dan Brown 



The DaVinci Code was a great book, so I thought, let's give the movie a shot; I mean, the movie does star Tom Hanks. But it sucked compared to the book. The movie just looked like a bland version of The Indiana Jones series. This movie might be a hit amongst those who haven't read the novel, but for the original fans of the series, this movie is just not it. The film following that are Angels and Demons and The Inferno were kind of even worse.

Eragon, Christopher Paolini



The inheritance cycle series was binge-read by me (If that's a word) because of some friends. I can't say I loved the book, but It was okay. But the movies just enraged me. It looked like a dull crossover between The Star Wars and The Lords of the rings. I definitely didn't need to see the movie. 

Divergent, Veronica Roth



How can I not include this? The book Allegiant took my heart, crushed it, and then broke it into pieces.  And as much as I am exaggerating that part, I still hated when they changed the ending. I am not gonna give any spoilers here, but the first time I started watching the series, I was so excited, and then the movies progressed, and then Allegiant happened and basically ruined the whole movie for me.

Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan 



Everyone knew this was gonna be on top. I loved the cast actors, but I mean, there's a reason makeup artists, contact lenses, and wigs exist. Annabeth isn't a blue-eyed brunette; she has blond hair and grey eyes. If I start to detail each character, This post might be just a critic for the movies. Grover is shown all funny and extroverted in the movies, whereas he's kind of shy for a while in the books. All the cool scenes and many characters (Like Nancy Bobofit😂) were removed. I mean, Sea of Monsters was just a big disaster. We, Percy Jackson fans, deserve an apology and a better movie. The Percy Jackson movies overall are the worst.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

This Time It's Real by Ann Liang | Review