TV shows based on books

Don't you love it when your favorite book series gets converted into a tv show starring your dream actor as your favorite character? Yeah, I know the feeling! Here is a list of 7 tv shows based on books that are totally worth binge-watching at 3 am.

7. 13 Reasons Why

The final and fourth season just aired on 5th June, and I haven't finished it yet, but the last 3 seasons were alright. Only the first season of this show was taken from the book, and for me, only that season was good enough—the first book dealt with Hannah Baker and her suicide and 13 reasons why she suicided. But the second season deals with justice for her, and the third season completely changes track as it deals with a side character, and so does the fourth season. I loved the first season, but the rest of them are just not for me.


6. The Vampire Diaries 


This show was a little boring for me initially, and I might have DNF'ed this show for like a whole year. Still, I completed it because once you reach the 3rd season, it actually becomes interesting though the story can get confusing with so many doppelgangers, but at some point, it will make sense. It has 8 seasons, and the story revolves around Elena Gilbert (human) and the Salvatore brothers (vampire). And that's all I can summarize from this series without giving you spoilers. In my unpopular opinion, I didn't like this series as much as it was hyped.

5. Pretty little liars 

I just love this show! This show is one of my favorites and revolves around a group of 5 friends, out of which one goes missing. The group breaks up after the incident, but they reconcile after a year and get a mysterious text from someone who claims to know all of their secrets. Through all the fights and drama, this 7 season show is one of the best shows I have ever watched; though the seventh season takes an entirely different turn, it was good.

4. The Outlander 

So I just finished this show in like 6 days, and now I'm mad that I have to wait like a whole year for the next season! So the story revolves around Claire, a nurse during the world war, but under certain circumstances, she goes back in time to the 1740s and meets this stranger, Jamie. The problem? She is a Brit who landed in Scott's territory during the battles between the two. And whole through their journey, trouble follows them. Great show but a bit violent! 

3. Shadowhunters 

This series is based on The Mortal Instrument series, which is my favorite book series. Though they changed the plot a lot from the actual book, it was still great. So this show is about Clary, a girl who finds herself involved in the shadow world of hunters, warlocks, werewolves, and vampires. There are some cringeworthy moments, but they fit the plot story. And there is always Malec to ship. You'll get it if you read the book or watch the show.



2. Teen Wolf 

I watched this series from midnight till someone would wake up at around 5 am and yell at me to stop—a funny series with a lot of action and drama. The story is about a teenage boy Scott who gets bitten by a werewolf, and he changes to one. Along with his friends, he kills people, changes people ( into werewolves), and make allies. It's a funny show once you know his best friend Stiles and their coach.
                          

1. The Originals 

 So this show is a spin-off of the vampire diaries, but it's actually a really great show. It's about the three original vampires due to which the whole vampire thing started. one of the originals is a hybrid, meaning a werewolf and vampire. The Family is brought together in the town they discovered and left due to circumstances, and now they have to fight off threats and make hard decisions. I completed this show like a month ago, and to one of the best shows I have seen, it has less of the doppelganger stuff, and it's not confusing!
                                  


Comments

  1. Loved this article ! Got a lot of other series to add to my watchlist. Just a correction, The Vampire Diaries consists of only 8 seasons. Continue this blog, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me
    I'll correct it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review