Snow White | Review


Title
 - Snow White

Author - Alice Callisto, Jeanette Rose

Trope(s)  
  • Dual POV
  • Sapphic Romance
  • Snow White Re-telling 

Overall Ratings - ☆☆☆.5

 ✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

SYNOPSIS 

The Evil Queen in the Making…
From the time she was a child, Azura was consumed with the need to consolidate power. Unlike those born as Vessels for Elemental spirits, Azura is forced to practice Dark Magic, her powers fueled by the remains of supernatural creatures. But the remains are finite, the Mystical woods not replenishing in the speed she requires, in order to fuel the dark spells she needs, she will need to marry into a Royal Bloodline. A Royal bloodline which drips with Elemental Power, which produces not just one Vessel, but two. The crown of Lithelle is hers for the taking, finally about to become the evil queen she was born to be.

Her touch makes you shiver…
Born as the Vessel of the Ice Elemental, Snow White has always been kept apart from those around her. When her father announces he intends to invite all the eligible ladies and princesses from the surrounding kingdoms in the hopes of finding a new wife, Snow’s tender heart races with excitement. A chance to finally make friends, to no longer be alone, to be *warm.*

Dark meets Ice…
Azura is immediately drawn to the dark beauty with the scent of frosted apples, temptation wrapped in a perfect bow. Snow dreams of Azura’s touch and kiss, though feigns to only want friendship at the risk of losing her. Yet, something is lurking in the forest just out of sight, about to tear them apart…forever.

 ✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

MY REVIEW

Firstly I want to thank Rose & Star team for providing me with an ARC of Snow White in exchange of an honest review. 


I’ll just start this review just by explaining the points where I loved the book and the parts which made me go uhmmmmmmmm? This review is completely spoiler free so don’t worry. 


First of all, I loved how this book was a dual POV and gave us both their perspectives of how things are. Azura is the evil witch and Snow is the innocent princess but I wish these aspects of characters could have been explored more. Rather than focusing on the character personality I felt like we focus more on character feeling and it’s good but I did wish we got more development in personalities. 


Now the part where I went uhmmmmmmmm was basically the part where Azura is “supposed” to be the step mom of Snow. It wasn’t that bad once I really got to read the book and plot but I was just shook after discovering this. I did feel the plot was a it rushed. Despite that the authors included other Disney fairytales and it was a crossover I didn’t know I needed 🥺🥺.


The romance was great and I feel like the authors can really develop on these points and the sequel might just be a 5 stars. 


✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

Top 10 YA Standalone