Dark Verse by RuNyx | Review



AUTHOR RuNyx
ORDER OF THE SERIES 
  • The Predator 
  • The Reaper 
  • The Emperor 
  • The Finisher
  • The Annihilator (To be out on June 21st) 
GENRE - Thriller, Mafia, Mystery, Dark, Romance. 

TROPES - Found Family, Bad Girl/Bad Boy, Childhood Friends to Lovers.

TRIGGER WARNINGS
- Violence, Sexual Assault, Kidnapping, Blood and Gore, Mention of Flesh Trade / Human Trafficking, Mental Trauma (Please check out the detail Triggers List at the start of each book. Mafia is not for everyone. Please research thoroughly before starting.
)

OVERALL SERIES RATINGS - ★★★★.5 

GOODREADS Dark Verse



✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

SYNOPSIS 

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object in the field of death?

In the dark underbelly of the mob, Tristan Caine has been an anomaly. As the only non-blooded member in the high circle of the Tenebrae Outfit, he is an enigma to all - his skills unparalleled, his morality questionable, and his motives unknown. He is lethal, and he knows it.

As does Morana Vitalio, the genius extraordinaire daughter of the rival family. What Caine does with weapons, Morana does with computers. When a twenty-year-old mystery resurfaces, Morana infiltrates Caine's house, intent on killing him, unaware of a tie that binds them together. Hate, heat, and history clash together with unexpected sparks.

But something bigger, something worse, is happening in their world. And despite their animosity, only they can fight it down.

✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

MY REVIEW

The first thing I did after my exams was read Dark Verse by RuNyx (I watched Batman before that but not the point), and I loved this book; I literally finished all the 4 books in the series in 2 days. 

Dark Verse, as the name suggests, is Dark. The adrenaline rush and thrill this series gave me with its level of darkness, the suspense of mystery was terrific, especially after reading happy books for a month. I thought it was Dark Romance, but as I went deeper into the book, I felt it was more thriller and suspense than romance. 

Morana is the daughter of the Outfit Leader, Gabriel Vitalio, and Tristan is the Predator, who everyone is scared of. Morana being the cool badass girl she is, writes a bunch of codes that can lead to war between the 2 mafia families. Someone tries to steal these codes and frame Tristan for it, and from then on, their paths tangle. 

The twists in this series just keep coming and coming, and as a reader who can most time predict what will happen, I did not see them coming. I thought we would have just one twist and happy ever after, but I was not expecting plot twists to be fired like bullets. This is one of the books in which most of the fun is taken out of the book if you give spoilers, so I'm making this spoiler-free and won't go into details of how RuNyx is an evil genius. 

If we talk about characters, in most fun contemporary books, we don't get to see that density in characters, but Dark Verse characters had complexity and those layers, and we got to see their character development through the book as well. We got to understand each character, and It was one of the things I loved. Tristan, Morana, Amara and Dante are a very tight group of friends from the first book, and the found family trope between these 4 made me smile while reading it. 

Dark Verse is a series for which I cannot talk much without revealing a spoiler because so many events that take place are interconnected and shocking, so to keep it spoiler-free, I'll have to end the review. Overall, the plot and the characters are fantastic, and I've given it 4.5 stars. I had to take away that .5 because of one mishap (which might have been my fault) that I thought this was a standalone series; each couple would have their own book, but then there were so many plot holes and only like 10 pages left and I panicked. Just solely for that reason, I'm taking away .5.

 ✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review