Red, White and Royal Blue | Review

Title - Red, White and Royal Blue

Author - Casey McQuiston

Genre(s)  - Romance, LGBTQ+

Trope(s)  - Enemies to Lovers, Fake Relationship (Friendship), Forbidden Romance

Trigger Warnings - None as such

Overall Ratings - 

| Goodreads | | Barnes and Nobles | 

✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦ 

SYNOPSIS

First Son Alex Claremont-Diaz is the closest thing to a prince this side of the Atlantic. With his intrepid sister and the Veep's genius granddaughter, they're the White House Trio, a beautiful millennial marketing strategy for his mother, President Ellen Claremont. International socialite duties do have downsides—namely, when photos of a confrontation with his longtime nemesis Prince Henry at a royal wedding leak to the tabloids and threaten American/British relations. The plan for damage control: staging a fake friendship between the First Son and the Prince.

As President Claremont kicks off her reelection bid, Alex finds himself hurtling into a secret relationship with Henry that could derail the campaign and upend two nations. What is worth the sacrifice? How do you do all the good you can do? And, most importantly, how will history remember you?

✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦ 

"On Purpose. I love him on Purpose."

✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦ 


MY REVIEW


Where do I even begin with this book? This book, for no absolute reason, makes my heart warm and makes me get butterflies. It's been a while since I first read this book, but then I decided to re-read this book and here I am writing a blog post 5 minutes after finishing the book again. The first time I read this book it was a day before my science exam and I didn't get to fully enjoy it that much. But now that I have re-read it I'm just more in love with it. 

 Let's just say the news of developing this book into a movie is one of the best news ever because, oh lord, Alex and Henry have my heart. (Let's just hope they don't ruin it like some other books. PS- I am looking at The Hating Game.)

Alex Claremont-Diaz hates His Royal Highness Prince Henry George Edwards James Fox-Mountchristen Windsor (I know it's a big name but just imagine adding Alex's name to that after the wedding.) But after an event that threatens the US / British relationship, they have to show the world a United Front, which means Fake Friendship. The question is that does Henry hate Alex like Alex hates him? 

One of the best scenes in the book is when Alex is staying at the palace and is on a call with Nora when Prince Henry comes in, slightly sleepy. It was cute seeing Henry all flustered. The texts and emails between them are so funny yet romantic, and their nicknames for each other is just amazing. 

The book is also about Alex's self-discovery. Throughout the book, Alex was confused about his own feeling about Henry and Henry's feelings for him. I think many people can relate to that when reading so I think that's why it's also very popular book.

The side characters happen to be one of the funniest and simply amazing friends. Nora, June, Pez and Bea make such a great addition to one of my favourites Found Families. Each of the characters has their own great personality and quirky traits, and I swear most people would definitely love the characters.

Here's a list of reasons why you should read Red, White and Royal Blue - 

  • Sweet Romance and Lots of Laughs
  • Ellen Claremont as POTUS
  • The tension
  • Nora, June, Pez, Bea, Alex and Henry

I recommend this book to anyone who loves romances or one of the tropes mentioned above. Also, if you happen to be a fan of the show Young Royals, which came out earlier this year in June on Netflix, I would definitely recommend picking this sweet romance book up. 

✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

PLAYLIST

Just going to make an exception for this book because this book is right up there as the love of my life right alongside Rhysand from the ACOTAR series. Here are a bunch of songs that I definitely recommend to listen to after or while reading this book -

  • I Know Places by Taylor Swift
  • London Boy by Taylor Swift
  • English Love Affair by 5 Seconds of Summer
  • They Don't Know About Us by One Direction 
  • Wonder by Shawn Mendes
  • American Boy by Estelle and Kanye West
  • Shut Up and Dance by WALK THE MOON
  • MY My My! by Troye Sivan
✦゚━━━━━━━・❦・━━━━━━━゚✦

Comments

  1. Coincidentally, I just added this to my Christmas reading list today...
    the Fates do indeed want me to read this book, it seems

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Gold Book Review ( Spoiler Alert!!)

Fourth Wing | Book-Review

Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole | Book Review

The Secret Service of Tea and Treason by India Holton | Book Review

Top 10 YA Standalone